Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuckered out

Below are three photos that show different levels of editing. This first one has been edited the most. The last one is a straight-out-of-the-camera shot, and the middle one is in-between. Can you tell the difference in each? With the middle one, I used an unsharp mask in Photoshop to sharpen the image (counterintuitive, I know, but that's how PS rolls with its masking features). I also used the Pioneer Woman action for brightening eyes. I like the second photo better than the first, mostly for the sharpness. But it seems like I somehow lost some of the color saturation after making those edits, even though I didn't touch the saturation! So for the photo immediately below, I increased the saturation a little bit. Which of the three do you prefer?

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I only see one photo.....but I'm glad you found the Pioneer Woman actions. I wish I had photoshop so I could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably have about 200 actions, and they all do very cool things, but after I passed the initial infatuation stage with them (which lasted about a month!) , I decided to be more discerning in using them. Now there are only two or three I use regularly. Doesn't Adobe Lightroom come with some actions, though? Plus, I think you can purchase more for Lightroom just like you can for PS. I mean, PW's are free, but if you wanted to try some, I think they do make some for ALR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one - the one that is sharpest. What a sweet, sweet picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie! I'm Jenn Feldkamp's friend, Sarah - we met at Abby's shower a couple of months ago. I am totally in love with your pictures!! I have a nephew that is turning 1-year-old in August and I would love to surprise his mom with a gift certificate for a photo shoot with you. How much do you charge? They live on the east side of the metro (Rockwall area) but I could probably arrange to bring him to you one weekend if that would work. Let me know your thoughts...

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago. It's a yahoo account and has the words czech and letters in it, if you haven't gotten it and want to check your junk mail.

    ReplyDelete